Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Do we really need ANOTHER Hockey Blog?

Boy, blogs sure are everywhere these days. Morning-time, night-time, lunch-time; it seems you can find a blog about anything.

But are we as a society better for it?

Sure, it helps improve communication - well, at least to other bloggers. But petty political commentary from the uninvolved and unenlightened ain't helping the world much. When every witticism needs a spell-check; When the "Dark Ages" casts again its deathly pall over the minds of men; when burning issues like Freedom of the Press, Hunger and Famine, and What Happened at Lunch today over superceded by Gas Prices, yes my fellow Citizens of the World, it is time to mourn the loss of the water cooler.

P.S. I really need some hosting space - I don't have any cool pictures to put at the bottom of this blog. Of course, maybe my words say it all and I don't need that extra padding......

No comments: