Friday, November 04, 2005

The Lunch Post that almost wasn't

My sincerest apologies to all of you reading this; yes, both of you. Today's lunch at CBL post is coming at you on time-delay. See, I had this tape in SD and I got on the phone with Doug..... And yes, I can talk about as much as he can.

So Friday's post is really Saturday's post. Wifey is at work, baby is napping - I still gotta vacuum - but I just couldn't finish off the first week by not finishing off the first week.

I know we talked about some funny stuff: Famous University's best-known Alumni Q'in in his homeland of Mainland; Bright and Pure; and throw in George Tagay to keep the theme going. Doppler knew all about that one! Hmmmmmmmm......???????

El hombre esta bailando! Nous sommes, vous etes, Nous avont, Nous avant - our resident "experte du Hockey bilingue" had little to add to the discussion, at least Work's time in our great capital taught him enough grade 2 French that we were finally able to establish my Gr. 9 French teacher was hot. Mme. Terra at Hallowe'en in a leather, skin-tight French maid's costume, they sure wouldn't allow that now!

Oddly enough, I don't think anyone's Blogs made an appearance: have we become so accustomed to their presence already? Doppler is the only one bringing them up, and that is mostly to ridicule.

I had sammiches, so Work missed out an exciting opportunity to bring me cutlery - but Doppler's dire predictions finally came true: the lunchbag is a killer, this time targeting its inanimate malice at Hockey himself. Paul Rodriguez joined us briefly, but I don't remember why, and that pretty much forced us outside, to enjoy a beautiful summer afternoon in November. We came back in, I talked to Doug (Go Dora!!!), and that's why today's blog is really tomorrow, but since you're probably reading this two days from now, it's really 3 days ago the day after yesterday. BTW, I have/will/am (to) meet(ing) myself here. And that brings us back to conjugations we can't figure out! J'ai un crayon jaune. Bienvenue au lundi!

No comments: