Tuesday, November 15, 2005

You know the Douglas clan motto?

The Douglas clan motto is "Jamais Arriere." That means never behind. Now, as I sit here counting, this Lunch Blog is Tuesday morning. Technically not lunch yet, so maybe this can count as Monday. That still leaves me a day short. My branch of the Douglas tree has always been known in the family as "Toujours Arriere."

Actually, after Hockey's moving Friday post, the usual brand of silliness and linkage seemed a little inappropriate. Yes, we had a moment of silence (a real moment, like I mean quick!), a moving rendition of Taps (very hard to find a system with speakers for the search), and back to work. We were a couple of minutes late, but a Diddy-dude chose that moment to walk in and by the time the clock was noticed again, we were already late. Doppler delivered a speech anyway, and we were off!

We were a little short-staffed on Friday as well, so that can be some excuse. Monday continued Friday's bold tradition, hence the Tuesday=Monday posting.

I know there were some jokes, Work and I enjoyed lunch - I avoided getting stabbed, and even ate another Two-Bite Brownie. People were moved, filing cabinets were cursed, and we tried to see if a CBL control center was possible. The infallible WNN went down, and I was dying to post this link which I was finally able to do. Yes, I like it a BIT (that doesn't get old!)

Honestly I don't remember much else - we were pretty busy. I got a printer going in receiving, csc's much faster now. Much faster when you take the gum-wrapper out, although it did tell me my fortune. And with all the internal stuff, I walked back with envelope about 50 times.

Work agreed posting my drinking joke would be a bad idea, so you'll just have to wonder. Ta!

No comments: