Thursday, November 03, 2005

Can you hear me now, G? Beav needs Jive, aSAP!

So lunch today was the usual crew, and we nerded it right up. Where DID all the cheese go? And WorkBlog is missing those tasty tasty breakfast bagels! Maybe Diddy is sneaking home those GG boxes? Once again, WorkBlog offered to fetch me cutlery. Why does that guy always want to come at me with a knife?

Speaking of G, Google pretty much is the internet now. Google is good. Google is Blogs. Google is God. Existentialists say God is dead, therefore Google is dead, ergo you're reading something that doesn't exist, if something doesn't exist then something = nothing, i.e. you don't exist, so what the heck am I writing this for?????

What was I saying? Today is a banner day for Google. I just wanna know if I can put a G in front of just about anything and then hop on the Google Goodness wagon. G-men, G-Force, even this guy are all out there capitalizing (pun), so what can I come up with? My Glog? Clog? gTalk, gMail, gE? Speaking E....

Okay, so what's with the internet, anyway? We get letters to make stuff techno-hip: iNet, eMail, gTalk, b2b.... What happened to A? It's only my friggin' name! What, we skipped it 'cause it's the first letter? Who thought of that? Bell Labs developed C, so what happened to A and B? Took 40 years to get B back on the map and A just gets ignored????? I am officially un-lettered.

Lunch moves ever onward, and eventually we all got past the letter-debacle. Talk turned to the Blog. Newsflash: yesterday's anonymous comments are no longer anonymous, and grievous assumptions have been thrown down! Apologies must needs go out to the Artful Dodger. And Singapore Airlines: don't ask!

I SAID DON"T ASK! Mrs. Cleaver could be the next Garrett Morris!.

HockeyBlog's massive info-overload (And Gas Prices!) might need some layout changes. Keep the news feeds, get rid of the content! His respsonse: Walking Reference? Maybe not. On that note, HockeyBlog and WorkBlog decided to "tap" into Canada's natural resources for their net-fix. Personally, I think it's an AD Forest, not the whole net. And it IS wireless; find me a wire in Algonquin Park! Of course, their idea has a big shortfall: massive downtime in the spring. Does that make IHOP waiters SAP-servers? Okay, that too horrible, even for me. I'm outtie.

Don't forget to check the LINKS! One day I'll be un-lazy and click more to make it easier for me.

No comments: